City of Toronto
The Film and TV industry is BIG BUSINESS in the City of Toronto
- $2.5 billion in spending in 2021
- 1,468 projects
- 7,800 shooting days
Ask your local candidate if they will support the industry by:
- continuing the Film, Television and Digital Media Board as a Council Advisory Board
- advocating on behalf of the sector to other levels of government
- continuing to work with community and industry partners on training opportunities for film and television production, with a focus on continuing to diversify the industry in front of and behind the camera
- supporting the industry in its efforts to become more sustainable
- building on opportunities for studio development and working to ensure announced infrastructure gets built across the City
Need to know where to vote? Check out MyVote!
Toronto Mayoral Candidates
A full list of mayoral candidates, and their contact information, can be found here.
Listed below (alphabetically by last name) are the commitments candidates have made to the industry. Where no information was publicly available, we have reached out to individual candidates for their positions.
ArtsVote Toronto has also published its report card on all candidates’ support for the Arts: https://www.artsvote.ca/artsvote-2022/report-card-2022/. This includes information on the candidates for each ward’s councilor races.
Not in the City of Toronto? Film and TV production happens all across the province!
Ask your local candidate if they will support the industry through:
- Advocacy on behalf of the sector to other levels of government
- Film-friendly policies across your municipality
- access to municipal locations for filming, easy permitting, places to park, etc.
- Finding and creating opportunities for studio development through zoning and other policies